Are you exhausted of looking for the best coding toys for kids? You are at the place you need to be.
Here we understand that choosing a coding toys for kids is a hard task.
That’s why we spent around 30 hours experimenting, reading, and writing reviews for you to help you make the best choice.
With the help of our detailed research, here you will find the best coding toys for kids.
Our #1 pick is Educational Insights Artie 3000 The Coding Robot: Easter Gift, Perfect for Homeschool & Classroom – STEM Toy, Ages 7+. Yet, every item we reviewed is of great quality.
View the chart we made for you and read below to see what we exposed when we audited the top 10 coding toys for kids.
Best coding toys for kids Reviewed
Continue reading to see the detailed reviews.
Learning Resources Coding Critters Ranger & Zip, Toy of the Year Award Winner, Interactive STEM Coding Toy, Early Coding Toy for Kids, 22 Piece Set, Ages 4+
$21.24 in stock
4 used from $16.15
- EARLY CODING SKILLS: Code along with your first coding friends and their screen-free storybook coding adventure
- PLAY MODE: Play fetch, hide and seek, and more with brave Ranger and mischievous Zip
- ENDLESS FUN: Design your own endless coding challenges with the 22-piece pet Playset
- REAL PET PLAY: Feed, pet, and take care of your interactive pets in play mode
- Toy of the Year Award winner for children ages 4 and up
Learning Resources Botley the Coding Robot Activity Set, Homeschool, Coding Robot for Kids, STEM Toy, Programming for Kids, Ages 5+
$45.50 in stock
6 used from $35.38
- EARLY STEM SKILLS: Botley helps your child learn early STEM skills while playing and having fun. He teaches kids to code with active, screen-free play that's perfect for promoting critical thinking and problem solving skills
- READY RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX: Botley is ready to code right out of the box! Have 5 AAA batteries and a Phillips screwdriver nearby and this coding robot will have your kid coding in minutes with code games, creativity and fun (3 AAA batteries for Botley and 2 AAA for the remote programmer)
- SCREEN-FREE: Botley features completely screen-free coding: no phone or tablet required. Botley's easy-to-use remote programmer sends commands and gets him rolling. Coding for kids has never been easier
- SMART LOGIC: Botley has the ability to detect objects in front of him and avoid them. He can also follow looping commands, take on obstacle courses, and follow black-line paths. He even has hidden features to unlock
- 77-PIECE ACTIVITY SET: Coding robots are great at learning new things, so Botley comes with a remote programmer, detachable robot arms, 40 coding cards, 6 double-sided tiles, 27 obstacle building pieces and a starter guide with coding challenges
Wonder Workshop Dash – Coding Robot for Kids 6+ – Voice Activated – Navigates Objects – 5 Free Programming STEM Apps – Creating Confident Digital Citizens
- CREATE: Dash arrives charged and ready to go out of the box. Kids can give Dash Robot voice commands and explore loops, events, conditions, and sequences with the five free apps that come with Dash Robot. It’s more than learning to code.
- LEARN: Dash robot offers an open-ended learning platform that makes tech knowledge simple and accessible, helping kids grow into confident creative architects.
- COLLABORATE: Wonder League is an encouraging and challenging community where kids can share ideas and build confidence. Wonder Workshop’s Robotics Competitions provides opportunities for kids to work together, helping everyone learn and evolve.
- GROW: Extend the possibilities even further with Sketch Kit, Building Block Connectors, and more from Wonder Workshop. Playtime- Up to 5 hours. Standby Time- Up to 30 days. Charging- via Micro USB. Connectivity-Bluetooth Smart 4 / LE
- SCHOOLS: Dash is used in over 20, 000 schools today and expanding rapidly.
Educational Insights Artie 3000 The Coding Robot: Easter Gift, Perfect for Homeschool & Classroom - STEM Toy, Ages 7+
$39.49 in stock
24 used from $25.46
- THE CREATIVE WAY TO LEARN CODING: Artie 3000 is the coding robot for kids where you design the code, and Artie 3000 draws the lines! With pre-programmed designs, beginners can start coding right away
- UPDATE FIRMWARE! Artie 3000 recently had a firmware update, you can access this update on Artie 3000’s website. If you are still having issues reach out through Artie 3000’s website.
- EASY SETUP! Artie 3000 requires 4 AA batteries (not included), with his built-in WiFi server, no internet connection is required! You will need a tablet or computer (not included) to control Artie.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED? Artie 3000 robot, 4 washable markers, quick start guide, and activity cards. Artie also has pre-coded designs and advanced coding apps for kids to grow with. Requires 4 AA batteries, not included. Be sure to check Artie’s website for new coding downloads
ASPPOPO STEM Projects for Kids Ages 8-12 Powerd by Solar 3 in 1 DIY Building Dinosaurs Toy Kids Science Kits Age 8 and up Gift for Boys Girls
1 used from $12.48
- POWERED BY THE SUN – It’s never too early to teach kids about renewable energy and solar power. A fun solar kit that kids can build on their own is a great way to make the learning process both exciting and rewarding. This is a great way to get kids interested to the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
- RENEWABLE ENJOYMENT - The parts can be easily disassembled after completion of one STEM robot kit. This allows for a steady source of learning and play along the way while making any of the 3 robot options. Whether building a Dinosaur or Insect, ASPPOPO provides a great introduction to green technologies.
- ️♀️GEARED FOR EXCITEMENT – The number of gears and moving parts will help in the development of future engineers. They will learn how each piece works with others to form a finished robot with motion capabilities. Science Kits for Kids 8 9 10 11 12 Year Olds. So, not only are they learning about solar power, but also about circuits and mechanical building.
- BUILD A BOT – Step by step easy to follow instructions to complete each build included in instruction manual. Educational Solar Robot Suitable for aged 8+ kids. Each robot move in their own unique fashion. Engineered with a gear box for smooth movements, this 3-1piece kit offers hours of fun.
- EXCEPTIONAL DETAILS – All pieces of our STEM toys are made with non-toxic ABS materials, certified by European and American Toy safety standards, ensuring kids play safer and reassure parents. Parts of stem robot kit are smooth without burr and precise assembly with a high degree of integration. Clever structure design makes multiple parts common and kids will love it and refuse video games.
Learning Resources Code & Go Robot Mouse Activity Set, STEM, Kids Coding Toy, Programs up to 40 Steps, Christmas Gift for Kids, 83 Pieces, Ages 4+
$33.98 in stock
6 used from $25.24
- DEVELOPS: Critical Thinking, Coding Skills and Problem Solving
- CODING FUNDAMENTALS: As kids learn to program they build key skills that include critical thinking, problem solving, sequencing, and programming fundamentals
- ROBOT MOUSE: Colby lights-up, makes sounds, and features 2 speeds along with colorful buttons to match coding cards for easy programming and sequencing
- This coding set includes 16 maze grids create a 20" X 20", 22 maze walls, 3 tunnels, 30 double-sided coding cards, 10 double-sided activity cards, cheese wedge, and activity guide to provide a hands-on introduction to coding concepts.
- Ages 4+
Thames & Kosmos Kids First Coding & Robotics | No App Needed | Grades K-2 | Intro to Sequences, Loops, Functions, Conditions, Events, Algorithms, Variables | Parents’ Choice Gold Award Winner
$105.11 in stock
1 used from $97.53
- Early STEM learning: an introduction to the fundamentals of coding and robotics for grades K-2.
- Unplugged: no software, apps, or smart devices required!
- Clear explanations: the 64-page, full-color experiment manual guides kids through the coding lessons and model building exercises.
- Story-based: six different storylines are included, each with a series of model-building and coding lessons, like a mouse moving through a maze to find cheese or a soccer player moving a ball into the goal!
- Correlated curriculum: The 30 coding lessons are aligned with the teaching standards developed by the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA), the International Society for Technology Education (ISTE), and Code.org
Fisher-Price Think & Learn Code-a-pillar Twist, Preschool Toy [Amazon Exclusive]
$30.58 in stock
5 used from $22.90
- Early coding and problem-solving toy for preschoolers ages 3-6 years
- 1 motorized head and 5 permanently attached segments
- Each segment has a dial for kids to turn to program a path for Code-a-pillar Twist
- 1,000+ possible combinations
- Includes volume control, light-up eyes, and fun sound & light effects
Fisher-Price Code 'n Learn Kinderbot, Interactive Preschool Robot Toy That Teaches Early Math, Problem Solving, and More Through Fun Coding Play
1 used from $48.56
- Interactive robot friend for preschoolers ages 3-6 years
- 3 ways to play: free coding, learning challenges, and “secret codes”
- Input a code to decide where Code 'n Learn Kinderbot goes
- 4 simple machine accessories & "secret code" booklet to unlock more learning
- Helps get kids ready for kindergarten with lights, actions, and fun phrases about colors, shapes, and more
Sphero Mini (Green) App-Enabled Programmable Robot Ball - STEM Educational Toy for Kids Ages 8 & Up - Drive, Game & Code with Sphero Play & Edu App, 1.57", Green
$39.00 in stock
2 used from $34.18
- LITTLE ROBOT, LOTTA FUN: Sphero Mini packs a ton of fun into a tiny programmable robot the size of a ping pong ball. Equipped with a gyroscope, accelerometer, and colorful LED lights, this educational robot is more than a mini robot toy. Sphero Mini is the perfect entry into robotics for beginners!
- DRIVE MODE: Beginner learners can drive and play STEM-inspired games with the free Sphero Play App. Drag and drive with Joystick mode, pull back and release with Slingshot mode or tip and rotate your mobile device with Tilt mode. Included with Sphero Mini are 3 traffic cones and 6 bowling pins to inspire obstacle course fun right out of the box.
- PLAY GAMES: Use Sphero Mini as a game controller for arcade-style games in the Sphero Play app. Perfect for playing on the go or with limited space. Choose from 3 different games - shoot through space, speed through a tunnel, or smash a polygon of bricks. With 1 hour of play time, Sphero Mini is the next big thing.
- INSPIRING THE CREATORS OF TOMORROW: With our undeniably cool fleet of programmable robots and educational STEAM tools, we're inspiring a new generation of inventors and changemakers through hands-on applied learning of coding, science, music and the arts.
We wish that we assisted you to buy the ideal coding toys for kids for yourself. If we didn’t succeded to assist you with choosing the best coding toys for kids for you feel free to reach out to us.